What?! It’s already 2012? Yes indeed! Time sure has flown, but before we get swept away in the fast moving current of this new, exciting, and promising New Year let’s take a quick trip back to the highlights of 2011 at EBC.
We enhanced our Appearance!
- We painted the interior of the Church! (Nice!)
- We painted and decorated the teen building! (Sweet!)
We improved the quality of our ministries!
- We added graphics and power point sermon/lesson outlines to our Sunday and Wednesday worship services!
- With the EBC praise team singing God has breathed life into our worship services!
- We launched a new Wednesday worship service format called “Recharge” and God has used it to spiritually recharge our church family!
- We started the Kids Zone ministry and the kids and parents love it!
- We started the Resistance Teen ministry and it’s helping teens “follow God and resist the world!”
- We launched our first website ebclife.org and it’s helping our church family connect and stay informed all online!
- Had a great Missions Conference called “Building Bridges!”
We had great preaching from Dr. Charles Shoemaker, special music, and live Skype calls with two of our missionaries: the Peppers from Durbin, South Africa, and the Huffs from Togo, West Africa. Awesome!
God grew our membership!
- Families joined the church family!
- Babies were born into the church family!
We had great worship services!
Although God’s presence is known each time we gather to worship Him, there are some special services worth noting:
- Vision Night (A.K.A business meeting)
Casted our vision: Improve the quality of ministry in our church by building a church of ministry teams! It’s happening praise God!
- Easter Service
182 attended! Many guests came thanks to our members inviting folks. Way to go! We also baptized 4 people in the evening service to include my 2 daughters. Awesome privilege!
- Holiday Services
At our Thanksgiving Service we focused on expressing our gratitude for who God is and what He has done in and through our lives! We enjoyed a delicious pie fellowship afterwards. Yum!
It was Christmas at EBC each Sunday and Wednesday as we focused our lessons, sermons, singing, and worship on Christ and celebrating His birth! We had an awesome Christmas Eve candle light service! It was very meaningful. Our Christmas day service was well attended as we lifted up our Savior Jesus Christ in song and heard pastor’s message, “Getting Gospel Struck.”
God really recharged our faith as we worshipped Him on the last Wednesday of December! Brother Tim Crews and his youth choir, from North Carolina blessed our hearts as they sang and testified. God really moved in that service as people came and prayed and worshipped at the alter.
Our New Year’s Eve service was good preparation for 2012 as we sang, received a resolution starter kit, and ate some pizza! We started 2012 right as we gathered on New Year’s Day to worship our great Savior.
Wow! What a 2011 we had at EBC! Of course these are just some highlights. As we continue gathering together each Sunday and Wednesday to worship God it is clear He is opening the door for us to help more people know Jesus and make Him known. That’s why we are here. We thank God for who He is, what He has done, and what He is going to do in the days ahead at EBC!
What are your 2011 highlights at EBC? How has God worked in your life this past year and what are your hopes for 2012? Join the conversation by leaving your comment!